Life has become busy for a lot of us especially if you are the type who works long hours a day or if you work on different shifts. There are certain things unavailable at night and may even prove more dangerous (even if day time proves to be equally the same these days). Many businesses have opted to create a way for people to be able to make purchases more conveniently by providing different online businesses that deliver the same items and services. However, for such things to become a reality, one also needs to have an online wallet.
Having an online wallet can prove relatively vital especially for persons who want to shop online due to their restrictions or even to do much of financial transactions online. Although the system has proven itself over the years, and many have opted to use it, one still needs to be aware of the pros and cons it imposes.
If you are still thinking of obtaining an online wallet, the following things can make your decision pretty fast:
- Convenience. Carrying around a lot of money makes you a potential target for theft. Many will notice you and you may even feel paranoid-always looking around you-wondering if people nearby can potentially detect the amount of cash you bring. When you have an online wallet, you can do the same transaction from the convenience of any mobile connection that will allow you to transfer the amount necessary to purchase items or pay for services (like the EPS system).
- Time. Since you can transact as long as you have a connection to your wallet and the entity holding up your balances, you will have the ability to transact at any time from the convenience of your own home. You are in control of your availability and when you will do your purchases so even if your schedule is hectic, you can still do what you want to do.
- Traceability. Your transactions are connected to an entity who is able to provide you with a ledger of all the transactions that you have made and how much have been debited or credited into your account that is why every single centavo you sent is traceable and you can verify them or dispute should there be any existing inconsistencies.
However, having an online wallet can also prove to have its own inconvenience especially if your financial network does not provide services for such connections. The following are the major concerns for having an online wallet:
- Limitations. Not all services are tied up with all banks. There are payment networks that although they honor online transactions, do not honor certain financial institutions or are not yet coordinated with them-coordination may usually take a long time that is why there are still some items that you need to purchase by yourself.
- Security. Although all programmers and developer of online wallet providers do the best that they can every day to make their services better, the security of networks can still be vulnerable that is why there are still problems concerning online fraud and money laundering. One has to make sure that they are always doing their purchases and access on secured and trusted servers alone-although sometimes this can be unsecured too.
- Additional Charges. There are some banking or financial institution that will charge up extra-or businesses to-for online transactions as they will be charging it to the amount they also need in keeping their online businesses. So, what you normally pay for two dollars can now cause you two and a quarter.
There will always be advantages and disadvantages with technology and the changes that the financial world is trying to take to keep up with a fast evolving world. If you look closely, theft has slowly evolved with it. However, we can all say that nothing is a hundred percent secure in our world no matter the efforts of each and every party concerned. We simply have to be thankful for the conveniences presented to us.